Rate my Post Version 3 is now available. It is mostly about more organized code which allows easier scaling and modifications.
If you are upgrading from version 2.x to version 3.x remember to do the following after the update:
- Empty page cache,
- Clear minify cache,
- Empty CDN cache (CloudFlare, MaxCDN etc.)
- Open an incognito window and check if the plugin is working correctly
In case it doesn’t don’t hesitate to contact me.
What’s new in Rate my Post version 3?
- Code refactor, many parts have been rewritten. Note that any custom CSS you have added will be lost as the plugin’s frontend has been rewritten from scratch. If you are using AMP you need to add the new CSS which is available in the documentation.
- Better performance
- New hooks (see documentation)
- Allows overriding templates for complete customization (see documentation)
- AMP Compatibility is now stable
- Shortcode accepts post id parameter (see documentation)
- Simplified settings
- Average rating is now stored in post meta
- Allows multiple rating widgets on a single web page
- Some features have been discontinued (read below)
What has been removed?
The following features have been removed from the plugin:
- Color the stars in rating widget – Stars are now automatically colored unless “Do not show average rating” is enabled
- Enable half stars – Half stars are now enabled automatically
- Do not recalculate after vote – Discontinued feature
- Google Analytics event tracking – Tracking is automatically enabled if tracker is detected on the website
- Count negative ratings only if feedback is left – Discontinued feature
- Remove headings in rating widget – Paragraphs are used instead of headings
That’s about it 🙂